Heating Oil & Services
At Tower Energy, we understand that comfort means more than just being warm and cozy when the mercury falls. We also believe in our customers' financial comfort as well as their comfort in dealing with a company that cares. That's why we are proud to deliver Oilheat.
Oilheat: Clean and Dependable
- Oilheat is safe. Home-heating oil can only be ignited by an advanced burning system in your oil burner or furnace. If you drop a match into the oil that heats your home, it will go out as if dropped into water.
- Oil supplies can meet demand. Regardless of global political unrest and/or natural disasters, there is still an over-abundance of crude oil, confirming notions that world oil reserves can and will last for a long time.
- With over 36 oil-producing countries, we are not dependent on any one nation or region for our oil supplies.
- Oilheat is clean and dependable. Today's Oilheat is 95% cleaner than in 1970. New Oilheating systems produce no soot, dirt or odor. With heating oil, you always have the supply you need right on your own property - you choose how to best utilize your supply as needed.
- Oilheat is energy-efficient. Efficiency ratings of new Oilheat appliances range from 83% to 95% and can have an average life expectancy of 30 or more years (assuming annual maintenance). Upgrading your heating oil equipment to a more energy-efficient system pays for itself over a short time, adds value to a home, and provides satisfying, efficient warmth.
We are one of the few fuel dealers in our area delivering Bioheat. This earth-friendly fuel is made with renewable resources such as American-grown soybeans. Click here to read more about the many benefits of Bioheat. Click here to have Bioheat delivered to your home.
Oil vs. Gas
5 Reasons Why Oilheat Is BetterThe gas utilities are trying to get Oilheat customers to convert to natural gas. They claim that using gas heat is better for the environment, more user-friendly, safer and cleaner - and that it's easy and economical to convert to gas.
1. Oilheat is better for our environment than gas heat.
To understand natural gas emissions fully, you have to account for methane , which is a greenhouse gas with 72 times the Global Warming Potential of carbon dioxide.* Natural gas is 95% methane. There are 2 million miles of pipeline to distribute natural gas in the United States with many ongoing leaks that spew raw methane into the environment and aggravate global warming. Natural gas also generates carbon dioxide, another greenhouse gas, while it is being burned.
* On a 20-year time horizon
2. Oilheat bills are easier to understand.
Unlike utility gas bills, which contain line after line of charges, Tower Energy bills you only for the gallons you receive, and your bill tells you exactly what you’re paying for, in no uncertain terms.
3. Oilheat upgrades cost less than gas conversions ... and save your more money.
A conversion of your Oilheating system to gas can cost as much as $9,000 – and if there's little or no savings on the fuel you use, then there’s no payback from this substantial investment. That’s why the Consumer Energy Council of America (CECA) has concluded that: “In 95 out of 100 cases, it makes economic sense to stick with oil, and if an energy-related investment is desired, to invest in conservation.”
4. With Oilheat, you get warm, personal service.
With Oilheat – and Tower Energy – you receive personalized, “I’ll-be-right-over” service from a local company who knows you and your heating system. The utility gas company, in contrast, is often a large bureaucratic entity.
5. Oilheat is safer than gas heat.
Lastly, nothing beats the safety record of Oilheat. Unlike natural gas, fuel oil is not explosive, and inhalation of fuel-oil fumes is not lethal. What's more, if you have a system malfunction, an Oilheating system will give you telltale signs such as smoke, odors or even soot before releasing dangerous levels of carbon monoxide (CO). Gas heating systems give you no warning of CO production or release.
Oilheat Offers Delivery OptionsTower Energy gives you a choice of how you would like your Oilheat delivered to your home:
Automatic Delivery:Automatic Delivery means peace of mind. When you sign up for automatic delivery with Tower Energy, you never have to worry about checking the fuel gauge. We use state-of-the-art software incorporating degree-day information to calculate your usage rate and schedule your deliveries. We monitor your fuel level so you do not have to. Print our Automatic Delivery Contract.
Will Call Delivery:You schedule fuel deliveries yourself by calling the office or using Tower Energy’s convenient on-line ordering system every time you need fuel. Please note that you will have to give us at least 24 hours notice to avoid an additional delivery fee. You must be on automatic delivery to be eligible for valuable extras like price protection and the budget plan.
Whether you choose automatic or will-call delivery, you can keep track of your deliveries at our convenient “My Account” page. You can also order your fuel by logging in to “My Account.”